Spend the next 4 weeks eating like a caveman, with 2 daily exceptions.
Here’s why: Holiday pounds are caused by eating too many foods that are high in carbohydrates and simple sugars.
You can avoid all that by sticking with an eating plan created by our pre-historic ancestors, while still keeping things fun by allowing for 2 small daily exceptions.
This is what you would eat…
As many fresh and fiber-filled vegetables as you want.
- Just no starchy vegetables like potato or corn.
Lots of lean, protein-filled meats and eggs.
- Avoid fried meats
Fruits, nuts and seeds in moderation
- Don’t eat sugar-added fruits, nuts or seeds.
Then enjoy 2 small exceptions…
- Bread or grain product: No larger than the size of your hand.
- Starchy vegetables: Half of a cup.
- Baked goods: Should fit into the palm of your hand.
- Candies or confections: The smaller the better.
- Holiday drinks: 8 ounces.
This plan works because it allows you to indulge in 2 exceptions each day. This encourages you to pick and choose the holiday cheat food that you really love, as opposed to feeling obligated to eat everything in sight.
When you navigate the buffet line at your next holiday party, feel confident knowing that you have a game plan. Stick with salad, vegetables and meats first, then pick out your 2 small exceptions and savor those.
Remember, I’m here to help you meet your fitness and weight loss goals.
Call or email today to get started on a fitness program that will turn your holiday weight gain into a holiday slim down.