Is that growling stomach the main reason why your diet just seems to have many “cheat” meals? Want to know how to keep your hunger at bay so you can succeed at your diet plan? Check out these 7 tips and tricks to beat the hunger and make a better you.
- Eat Fat Foods: Sounds ridiculous right? The truth is, our bodies need a certain amount of fats to function and perform well. Here are some great ways to get the right fats. Avocados, nuts, natural peanut butter/almond butter, fish oil supplements, extra virgin olive oil, and my favorite, coconut oil.
- Chew Gum: Although gum is not technically consumed, it is still a product that can help curve your appetite for the better. When considering the different types of gum, make sure you chose a sugarless type. The sugar in gum causes destruction for your teeth. As well, sugarless gum improves the flow of saliva which will further suppress your appetite.
- Snack on Almonds: This is an all-natural treat that contains fiber and unsaturated fat which, combined together, make your stomach feel fuller. Recent studies have also shown that you can shrink your waist by 14 percent by eating a handful of almonds daily for half a year. What a deal! We recommend eating no more than 3 ounces a daily to stay within a calorie count for optimal weight-loss results.
- Eat some Grapefruits: Eating half of a grapefruit with your breakfast, lunch, and dinner has shown that you can lose nearly 4 pounds in three months. Grapefruit lowers your insulin, which regulates your fat metabolism, and suppresses your appetite to burn calories faster. If you want this treat in juice form, make to freshly squeeze this fruit and not buy the sugar loaded store juices.
- Hit the Gym: This one should already be in your daily routine! Not only does going to the gym help you lose calories and tone up, but doing exercises like cardio will reduce your appetite for up to two hours after you’re done. Cardio, for example, reduces your level of ghrelin (the hormone which increases your appetite) and increases levels of the main hormone that suppresses your appetite. Always be aware, however, that doing the same cardio routine everyday can cause your positive effects to plateau. We recommend mixing up your routine at least twice a month to keep those pounds off!
- Try Aromatherapy: Aromatherapy is something that can almost trick your brain into thinking that you have eaten something which, in turn, makes you think you are fuller than you actually are. Multiple studies have found that smelling aromas, such as peppermint, every two hours had the effect of people eating 2,700 fewer calories less weekly (about a pound every week). This new idea even works better when done more frequently!
- Grab Some Blueberries: Blueberries are one the essential fruits to consume when wanting to lose those extra pounds. Blueberries affect the genes in your body that regulate fat-burning and storage. This means that not only does it help you feel fuller, but it helps get rid of extra belly fat. Try eating a cup of blueberries every day and the results will show. Some studies show that this plan can result in 3% body fat lost in three months! As always, try to get fresh, organic blueberries, but eating frozen ones can help generate the same benefits.
Now that this plan is laid out for you to enjoy, go out and try these tips to see for yourself! Keep checking back for more tips and tricks to meet your Summertime goals!